The Great Plains Super Launch will be held in Hutchinson, KS over the weekend of June 15-18.
Thursday 15 June
- The Cosmosphere Hall of Space admission is included with your GPSL registration. You may visit the Hall of Space any time Thursday or Friday.
- 3:00pm - Tour of the Kansas Law Enforement Training Center.
- 6:00pm - Dinner at Anchor Inn
- Evening - Third Thursday Downtown Event on South Main around the Anchor Inn.
Friday 16 June
|9:00 - 9:30||Zack Clobes||Introductions|
|9:30 - 10:15||Zack Clobes||APRS Tracking and Recovery Hardware|
|10:30 - 11:30||Paul Verhage||Near Space Imaging|
|11:30 - 12:00||Howard Brooks||Developing an extended duration Stratospheric balloon based research program|
|12:00 - 1:00||LUNCH (Provider on site)|
|1:00 - 2:00||Brad Nuest||Solar Eclipse demonstration in the planetarium|
|2:00 - 3:00||Bill Brown||Circumnavigating the Globe with a Pico Balloon|
|3:00 - 3:15||BREAK|
|3:15 - 4:00||Jerry Gable||A comparison of online prediction tools.|
|3:45 - 4:30||Round-Table||Round-Table Discussion of Eclipse Photgraphy|
|4:30 - 5:00||Mark Conner||Weather Briefing / Flight Planning|
|6:30||Downtown Sampler||Dinner at the downtown sampler. Private dining area. You are welcome to bring any Show and Tells. Cost is $30 per person, and includes dinner, drink, dessert, and gratuity. Payable directly to the restaurant.|
Saturday 17 June
- Balloon Launch in the Hutchinson/McPherson/Sterling areas (depending on weather. Site to be announced Friday)
Sunday 18 June
- Alternate launch date in case of inclement weather.